"Experiencing our Treasures Past & Present"
AG Education Days
2nd & 3rd Grade Students in Our Area School Systems
Tuesday August 20th,Wednesday August 21st, and Thursday, August 22nd, 2013
The Carroll County Fair is very excited to host 2nd and 3rd graders for the Ag Education Days.
This year the schools will again enjoy full day field trip!
We would like to thank the Carroll County Public School system, the Galax City School System and all teachers and school staff for supporting our Fair this year and in years past!
Goal: Introduce students to local agriculture
- Provide students hands-on agricultural experience
- Demonstrate to students role agriculture plays in everyday life
- Teach students need for conservation of resources needed for agriculture
- Provide students and teachers with follow-up resource materials related to agriculture
- Introduce students to lesser-known areas of agriculture
- Allow students to taste locally grown watermelon at snack station
- Students rotated by class through ten stations taught by experts in the field of agriculture represented. Stations have included in the past and may include this year—crop exhibits, bees, equine, barnyard, confederate/civil war history, woodworking, forestry, soil, farmers market, and water quality.
- Tents, bleaches, grassy areas, restrooms, and water are available at the fair.
- Bus drop off/pick up inside farmers market.
- Fair bags for each student containing literature about agriculture from various sources.
- Teacher packets containing SOL based lesson plans specific to stations at the fair. Literature/resources from various agricultural areas.
- Ag Education Days
- Farm Bureau Young Farmers Ag Day
- Beauty Pageant
- Bench Show & Treeing Contest
- Corn Maze
- Equipment Displays
- Family Fun Games - 4-H
- Foresty Events
- Horse Pull
- Horseshoe Tournament
- Horse Show
- Lawn Mower Race
- Pet Show
- Recipe Contests
- Storytelling & Tall Tale Contest
- Vendor Information
- Other Links
The Fair Committee is seeking volunteers for the upcoming Fair. If you are interested please contact the fair at 276.730.3128 or email at email@example.com